Metro Detroit Staffing Company – Certified Plus Staffing (313) 554-0100
If you are searching for an experienced and trusted Metro Detroit Staffing Company, please contact Certified Plus Staffing at (313) 554-0100. Click here if you are an employer or click here if you are a job seeker. You may also Follow Us on Facebook!
You’ve submitted your résumé, written the cover letter and, finally, you’ve been selected for a job interview! Way to go, you charming and qualified candidate, you.
But now the pressure’s on. The majority of recruiters say they know within the first five minutes of an interview whether a candidate is suitable—and some even know within the first minute.
Pro Tips On How To Nail The Interview
- Dress the part: Stalk the company’s website for dress code hints, then dress slightly nicer.
- Shake it: A good handshake should be like giving their hand a hug. A nice medium “hi it’s good to see you, friend” kind of hug. But with your hands.
- Sock it to me: Don’t be afraid to show some personality in your outfit, while still keeping it professional.
- Stash it: Always keep your cell phone out of sight and on airplane mode.
- Take note: Bring a pad and paper and take notes. It shows you’re engaged.
- Old school: Always have printouts of your résumé on hand, even if you already emailed it. It shows you’re prepared and professional.
- At attention: mind your posture and eye contact. “You may be tired, but stand up straight when you’re shaking my hand.”
- Know a guy: If you know someone in the company, bring it up—perhaps when they ask why you want to work there: “My friend Brandon is always raving about how great it is to work here.”
- Common ground: If you have something in common with your interviewer — you went to the same university, for example — work it in.
- Beat the buzzwords: Don’t cram keywords like “detail-oriented” and “synergy” into one sentence when talking about yourself.
- Mission driven: It’s not impressive to quote the company’s mission statement at your interviewer — instead, tell them why it excites you and how you relate to it.
For a top rated Metro Detroit Staffing Company, please call Certified Plus Staffing at (313) 554-0100.